Today developers Cyberskunk and EvilSperm of Team Rebug have released a new LITE version of their CEX Custom Firmware for firmware 4.41. Please Note that backup manager currently do not work on firmware 4.41 and will need to be updated to get working.
REBUG 4.41.1 LITE EDITION – APR. 30TH 2013 FIRST RELEASE - See below for full LITE EDITION features.
Features for Lite Edition:
- FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
- FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled
(Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
- FEATURE – Package Manager
(Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
- INCLUDED – Rebug Toolbox 02.xx.xx
(Install included Rebug Toolbox or higher for full compatibility)
- PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check
(Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
- PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114
(Allow mapping of protected memory)
- PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks
(Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
- PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support
(Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
- PATCHED - LV2: Peek and Poke support
(LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
- PATCHED - LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1
(LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
- PATCHED - LV2: LV1 CALL System call
(LV2 Syscall 10)
- PATCHED - VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
- PATCHED - VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat
Q: WHAT IS D-REX EDITION?
A: Basically D-REX EDITION is REX EDITION that can be installed on a REAL DEX or coverted DEX PS3 System.
Q: WHAT IS LITE EDITION?
A: LITE EDITION is straight up CEX/RETAIL PS3 firmware it has NO DEX/DEBUG features.. AT ALL.
Q: WHY MAKE LITE EDITION?
A: Because at the moment 4.4x DEX firmware is not in the wild and we 100% refuse to make a version hybrid (using 4.30 DEX files in 4.41). There is approx. 70 files that need to replaced in CEX firmware for it to become a complete DEX firmware. About 40 of those files at least have been updated in the CEX firmware since 4.30 (if you look at 4.40 PS3PATCH.PUP) and more again with 4.40 and 4.41. With so many file changes it makes a nice recipe for instability..
NOTE: Remember to update to the latest Rebug Toolbox included in the LITE EDITION firmware.
REBUG_4.41.1_LITE_PS3UPDAT.PUP – 26db0c444ebf09c9ad58790d57d7a700