- Ported all console presentation to support UTF8 instead of ANSI
- Added improvements to "Archive Manager": ability to edit LV2, RAM, select a piece of code, copy it (max 1MB), paste it on other place(file/memory), use it to find matches (max 512 bytes) or create a new file with that content.
- Added procedure Write HTAB (thanks to Miralatijera for the assembly code) to make LV2 executable and other stuff [+ laughs]
- Added Disc-less mode that runs games from a simulated disc in XMB, using BD EMU, patched explore_plugin and patched libfs, has successfully launched all the games I've tried, without addressing /APP_HOME in CFW 4.40 Miralatijera. This mode doesn't work for those who have a broken BD-Drive or don't have a working lector
- Modules explore_plugin and libfs must be patched.
- A USB flash drive, memory card or USB storage device connected (recommended method)
- On Iris Manager, press START to "Global Options", go to "Tools" and select where it says " With/Without BDVD
Controller" the "Disc - Less payload" option.
- Restart Iris Manager and select a game: to have a better compatibility, use BD EMU with patched libfs.sprx or patched explore_plugin.sprx.
Virtual mounting system:
There are three ways to get the disc mounted:
On Iris Manager or XMB, insert a USB flash drive, USB storage device, or memory card, and then launch the game.
Before to run Iris Manager, insert a USB flash drive, USB storage device or memory card, then run Iris Manager, select a game and the disc will be mounted on XMB automatically.
Without a USB device or memory card: Run Iris Manager, select a game and on XMB, run another application, such as "Homelaunc1", that get in and get out quickly. With that, the game will be mounted on XMB.
This has been tested in CFW 4.40 Miralatijera: in theory, It should work on other CFW, since the code was created considering the portability (ability to locate the code on any place and re-define the necessary calls).
Notice again that there is no support for those who have a broken BD-Drive or simply do not have a working lector. (I'm really sorry, but I have no technical resources to find out what's wrong and it's an achievement that I have made this in that way [+ laughs])
Obviously, this is a full disc-less mode: you can't pretend to insert a real disc with the syscalls simulating another, so you must restart the PS3. It's compatible with the PSX ISOS from Iris Manager.
Subscribe for Latest News