* multiMAN ver 04.30.00 UPD CEX (20130331).pkg
* ps2classics.rar (modified by me)
This test update requires that you have 04.30.00 BASE or updated online to 04.30.00. The online version is also updated to this build.
Changes in ps2classic:
* Added 64bit file access functions to support 4GB+ files (for LIMG and encryption)
* Added asynchronous READ/WRITE to improve encryption speed (1GB / 3min)
* Added progress bar and 'Remaining time' information to the encryption
* Added check if the provided ISO is a CD or DVD image for proper LIMG header creation
Changes in multiMAN:
* Added support to encrypt standard disc-backup PS2 ISO files from /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO and /dev_usb***/PS2ISO to PS2 Classics
* Added support to delete PS2 Classics (ISO+folder)
* Added support to load PS2 Classics from USB HDD (folder will be transferred to internal HDD)
* Encryption is done by spawning "ps2classics" which resides in mM's USRDIR/sys/PS2C.BIN (the one provided in the ps2classics.rar above)
Basically it comes down to:
1) Rip your original PS2 game disc with multiMAN (it took just 4-5 mins to backup my KILLZONE disc) / or transfer a PS2 ISO backup to /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
2) Go to RETRO column and load the ISO - you'll be prompted to convert to PS2 Classic
3) Conversion takes 2 to 5 mins and you'll be returned to multiMAN (you'll see the converted game with [PS2 Classic] suffix in the name)v 4) Activate the PS2 Classic and start it from XMB/PS2 Classic Placeholder
Default CID and KLICENSE used (compatible with aldostools and CaptainCPS-X tools/apps):
p.s. I was FINALLY able to test all this PS2-Classics stuff:
1) Download and install ReactPSN 2.24 and PS2ClassicsPlaceholder from mM's WEB column
- Create "aa" account and login with it (make sure AUTO-LOGIN is disabled so you can chose "ReactPSN Xrif Xedat" account)
- Copy /exdata folder (included in ReactPSN zip) with
2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333.rap file in it on USB stick
- Start reactPSN and login with your regular account after reboot
2) Start multiMAN and put KILLZONE PS2 original disc
3) From game column select "Copy" while Killzone disc is displayed
4) Backup to /dev_hdd0 (PS2ISO)
5) After copy completes go to RETRO column and activate "KILLZONE" ISO
6) It prompts for encryption (4,4GB)
7) Back to mM and RETRO column - activate "Killzone [PS2 Classic]"
8) Quit to XMB and start "PS2 Classics Placeholder"
TOTAL = 24mins to RIP a full 4,4GB DVD, convert to PS2 Classic and start it. ALL THAT ON THE PS3.
Subscribe for Latest News