"Making it easier to manage retro covers for use with MultiMan"
by CaptainCPS-X, 2011.
- Automatic ROM scanning for supported systems.
- Support ROM recognition for: NES, SNES, Genesis, VBA (GB, GBC, GBA).
- ZIP verification when needed, ensuring it contains a valid ROM.
- Single ROM adding and removing from list.
- Individual cover assigment feature for each listed ROM.
- Ability to clear cover assigment for a selected ROM.
- PNG Cover preview.
- Automatic renaming of cover images to match the ROM sets.
- Automatic generation of Covers .PKG files ready to be installed in the PS3 / MultiMan.
- Automatic generation of ROMs .PKG files ready to be installed in the PS3 / MultiMan.
- Project creation for each supported system.
- Project saving and loading.
- Hard Disk size calculation to avoid space conflicts while proccessing
huge ammount of data.
- Improvements to the GUI and Multi Language support.
- Unicode build.
- Shortcut keys.
After those improvements I will probably change the name of the application
to 'Multiman Retro Tools' xD
- Fixed the DLL errors, now the application will run well (thanks to NuBiXx)
(included the MSVC redistributable DLL as well).
- Added option to Always add all listed ROMs to .PKG (ignore non assigned covers)
- Added option to automatically create ROMs packages (.PKG).
- Internal code cleanup / optimization.
- Initial test build. (Not released due to maintenance at PSX-SCENE).
[AUTO .PKG CREATION]
For automatic generation of .PKG files you need to put the
following file in the root directory:
I can't include it with my application for legal reasons.
But it can be easily found by using Google.
You can easily configure its path too from the 'Options' menu.
To start things up:
- Go to 'File' menu and choose 'New Project...'
- Select the system you want to work with from the submenu.
- Go to 'Edit' and choose 'Add ROM to list'
- A window will appear to browse for individual ROMs.
- After selecting a ROM, make a double click on the list,
this will allow you to assign a Cover Image to that ROM.
- Go to 'File' and save you project.
- Now you're ready to test the main feature!, click on 'Start'
(or go to 'Tools' and click 'Start Renaming Job').
There you go! you should have a new package ready to install
on your PS3 / MultiMan.
Here is a list of package installation paths, depending on system:
SNES -> /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR/covers_retro/snes
NES -> /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR/covers_retro/fceu
GENESIS -> /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR/covers_retro/gen
VBA -> /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR/covers_retro/vba
[ ROMS PACKAGES ]
If you go to 'Options' menu and enable 'ROMs .PKG creation' option,
MMRetroCR will automatically generate a package with the ROMs in your
project list (Only ones with Covers assigned will be packaged).
This .PKG(s) will be installed to these PS3 paths (MultiMan defaults)
SNES -> /dev_hdd0/game/SNES90000/USRDIR/roms
NES -> /dev_hdd0/game/FCEU90000/USRDIR/roms
GENESIS -> /dev_hdd0/game/GENP00001/USRDIR/roms
VBA -> /dev_hdd0/game/VBAM90000/USRDIR/roms
THERE IS NO HARD DISK SPACE CALCULATION IMPLEMENTED YET, SO
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH SPACE IN THE SELECTED DESTINATION DIRECTORY
FOR THE AMMOUNT OF ROMS THAT WILL BE PACKED, OR YOU MAY GET
UNEXPECTED RESULTS. SPACE CALCULATION FEATURE WILL COME SOON =).
This application has been developed on Windows 7 x64 using
MS Visual C++ Express 2011 and MS Visual C++ 6 (1998) for
Source Code will probably be released when I organize everything
in the future.
If you experience any problem running this application on your
operative system, please let me know via PM at PSX-SCENE forums.
Remember to include some details about any problem you may encounter.
If you have any question, find any bug, or recommendation, please let me know ^^
Subscribe for Latest News