If you have a corrupted data icon that won't simply delete off of the XMB Heres what you do.
1) Try and Delete it using triangle and clicking delete..
2) If that fails Launch a Game (For example Call of Duty Black Ops)
3) When the game is at the Title Menu Press the PS Home Button on the Center of the Controller
4) Go to your Corrupted data and attempt to delete the Corrupted Data Icon
5) Press Triangle and Click Delete and itll do its work.
6) Finished Your Icon is deleted without Rebuilding Database/Restoring OS/Reformmating Harddrive